Monday, September 25, 2017

Temple Square Missionary

Dear Family,

I have had quite the week! Sister Campbell and I were together until Wednesday, bouncing between Nampa and Middleton to get everything ready for our new companions. Missionaries always talk about miracles happening on exchanges, and we had a few of our own. First, we got a referral from some elders in Caldwell for a woman who is going through a really hard time right now. We stopped by her home and met her grandma and aunt, who also live there. We were not able to find the woman we were looking for, but got to talk with the aunt. She has a really good LDS friend in the ward that she works on family history with.  

The other cool thing that happened was when we visited some members to ask about their neighbors only the wife was home, but we were able to figure out that her and her husband served a mission in the Palmyra temple, where Sister Campbell is from. Siser Campbell worked in a gas station near the temple, and the husband would come to the gas station all the time to say hi to her and buy her donuts. Just one of those crazy connections that really remind you how small the world really is.

On Wednesday, we went to district meeting then picked up our companions around 12. President and Sister Sorensen took us all out to lunch at Cafe Zupas and then we came back to the office where he assigned us our companions. My companion is Sister Blocker and she is from Dallas, Texas. She entered the MTC a week before me and left a week after. It is a welcome change to be companions with someone who has been out the same amount of time, I am really enjoying it. 

We had our baptism on Saturday! Our ten year old investigator got baptized on the 23rd. He was just beaming the whole time, and he had some pretty happy parents and grandparents. There were many sister missionaries there that had taught him over the past year, so it was really fun to see all of them. He is a really special kid, and it is cool to see how the children in a family promote and encourage their parents to be better disciples of Christ. 

Women's conference was really amazing on Saturday, and I felt like I needed to hear so many things that were said there. I felt like I kept on hearing over and over again to remember who we are, that we are sons and daughters of the most High. We have a divine nature and potential, every single one of us. I feel like I sometimes forget this, especially when I am being really hard on myself and comparing myself to other missionaries. But that is a tool of the adversary, who wants us to forget how special we are. So I am learning more about putting my trust in the Lord, and relying on Him rather than myself. I just love this gospel so much, I know that this is the Christ's restored church on the earth today. And I know that Heavenly Father does have a plan for us to be happy. 

Love,
Sister Jensen  



No comments:

Post a Comment