Monday, September 18, 2017

New Companion

Wearing lavalava in our new apartment.


Dear Family,

I am going to break my three month streak! I finally get to stay in an area for longer than 2 transfers. We got our transfer calls on Saturday morning and they were pretty surprising. If there is one thing I can count on about transfers is that I never see what's coming. First off, Sister Tukumoeatu is going to Meridian and she is going to train! I am super excited for her and know she will do an amazing job. I am staying and my new companion will be a temple square missionary! There are only two of them coming to the mission, and I think they will be helping out a ton with the open house, giving us trainings and what not. They are not coming in until Wednesday, so I will be companions with Sister Campbell, who is getting the other temple square missionary. I love Sister Campbell, she is from Rochester, New York and has the most beautiful singing voice. I told her at zone conference that we were going to be companions one day and look what happened. I am so excited about being with a sister from temple square! I honestly just can't wait to ask her tons of questions, like if they travel through the underground tunnels and how many general authorities she has met. I would never have guessed that this would happen, along with all of the other changes I have been through on my mission. 


I don't have much to report since I just emailed on Thursday. Our move on Friday went really well. The four other elders in Middleton helped, which was really awesome because our apartment is upstairs. It is probably the nicest place I have lived in on my mission. We have two bedrooms and one bathroom, and we have a washer and dryer in the bathroom. The kitchen is nice and spacious. And I just love living with another set of sisters, it is really fun. 
We had stake conference yesterday and is was good as always. President Sorensen spoke about conversion, and related the story of Peter and the process of his conversion. It is pretty incredible that Peter was in the presence of the Savior, witnessed His miracles and teachings, and still wasn't converted. He had a testimony that Jesus was the Messiah, but wasn't always true to that testimony at first. But, after denying the Savior, feeling that intense sorrow, then being taught by the resurrected Savior about being a true disciple, Peter became converted. He moved mountains and shaped history. All of us need to go through our own process of conversion, laying our broken heart and contrite spirit on the alter of sacrifice in order that Heavenly Father may shape us into the person He knows we can become. I love this scripture that I read this morning: 
"I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will." Words of Mormon 1:7
I am so grateful to be here in Middleton, doing the will of the Father. 

Love, 
Sister Jensen 


No comments:

Post a Comment