Monday, September 18, 2017

Baptism and Homecoming

Beautiful Idaho Sky

Dear Family,

Change is coming! Time on the mission really is so strange. I feel like I was just called as a trainer, given the challenge of a new area. But now it has almost been three months and we find out on Saturday if one of us is leaving. I am hoping to break my trend of only being in an area for three months, but we will see what Heavenly Father has in mind! 

We had the most wonderful baptism on Saturday.  Our investigators are really special people and I feel so grateful that we have been able to play a small, small part in their journey. That is what I love about missionary work. Ultimately this is all the Lord's work, but He is willing to let us help because He knows that is what will allow us to become more like Him. Heavenly Father really is so good. As they were being baptized, I had that familiar burning in my heart, felt at every baptism. It was also great to see the support from the ward, we definitely should have held the service in the Chapel. It was funny because we had the baptism in the evening, and it happened to be the same evening as homecoming. So there were a big group of homecoming goers that showed up to the baptism before going to the dance. I have just loved working with and seeing the youth so excited in this process. I am also very excited for these new members and this new life they are beginning, and I know that it already has brought them so much happiness.

The baptism was definitely the highlight or this past week. Other than that we have been busy visiting families and getting the members excited about inviting people to the open house. We finally made contact with a family whose son is 13 and not baptized yet. We had a great talk with them and the son told us that he really wants to be baptized, so we are going to teach them the first lesson tomorrow. And yesterday we had zone conference, and we focused on planning on finding new people to teach. That really is the hardest thing about missionary work, is finding. We have many, many hours open that could be used in teaching if we can just find the people. For me, I have learned that it is all about having faith that Heavenly Father is preparing people for us to teach, and then doing everything within our power to find those people. As we do that, Heavenly Father will bless us. There is so much I can improve on, and I know that I can't become the missionary Heavenly Father knows I can be unless I rely on Him. I love this gospel, I know that it has been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the Savior stands by us as we testify that He lives and that He loves us.

Love,
Sister Jensen  



No comments:

Post a Comment