Monday, September 4, 2017

A visit to Baker City

Dear Family,

We have had just another wonderful week here in Middleton. I feel like I don't have any major updates, so this might be shorter than my usual email. We did have good things happen though. We met with new investigators that the sisters started teaching a year ago. A couple in our ward have befriended these people and we have started to teach them again.  We went on Wednesday night and told them about the temple. We also asked them if they want to take the lessons again and they said yes! So we are looking forward to that this week. 

We also taught C. again. We taught him more about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. He was really interested by the Book of Mormon and said that he would try to read it. I have been thinking a lot lately about the power of the Book of Mormon. I have heard so many people talk about their conversion story and the Book of Mormon's key role in that conversion. I know that if someone with real intent and faith in Christ reads that book, they will receive a witness from the Spirit that it is the word of God. On the other hand, when people I have taught don't read the Book of Mormon, they don't feel that Spirit and don't find answers to their prayers, and it is really hard for them to progress. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it works together with the Bible, they go hand in hand to accomplish the purposes of Heavenly Father in bringing His children back to Him.

The highlight of this week was returning to Baker City for a baptism! I taught E. when I was there. E. has other members of her family that have already joined the church.  It was really cool because I got to see their family start coming back to church when I was there. And E.'s dad actually got to baptize her, which was really special. I love, love, love the Spirit that is always present at baptisms. It is always a confirmation to me that this is the Lord's work that we are participating in a work that is more important than we can comprehend. I love this gospel and I love my Savior.

Love,
Sister Jensen 


No comments:

Post a Comment