Monday, July 10, 2017

Not Alone



Dear Family,

Things are moving here in Middleton! I feel like I have grown so much in these last two weeks of my mission. Training is such a good opportunity to really recognize your weaknesses and turn them into strengths. This past week I have been more focused on finding then I have been my whole mission, thanks to Sister Tukumoeatu. It has really made me more motivated to be in tune with the Spirit in order that we can be led to those who are prepared to receive the gospel.

We have a baptism on Saturday! The sisters have been teaching this investigator for about 4 months now. We are just the lucky ones that now get to see her baptism through. So we will do our best to focus this week on preparing her for baptism and putting everything together.

Since there is not a lot of teaching currently going on in our area, we have been working to find the best ways to spend our time. I think my favorite way to work is to plan to contact a specific person, whether it be an investigator or less-active or something. Then, if that person isn’t home or available, we just start working in that area that we are already in.  This way of doing missionary work is something that Elder Arnold instructed us about when he came last month. He told us that when we make plans, like seeing an investigator and it doesn’t work out, it is because the Lord already has plans for us. And maybe He has led us to that specific part of our area because there is someone there who is prepared to receive us. 

I read a talk by Elder Eyring the other day for my personal study and I think it really encompassed what I have been thinking about and working on lately. It is called “You Are Not Alone in the Work” and he gave it in the priesthood session in October 2015 conference. I love how Elder Eyring says it: “My encouragement is to help you know that when you do your part, the Lord adds His power to your efforts.” When I question if I can do this, I remember that the Lord can. All I have to do is show my faith and put forth my best effort, then the Lord can add His power. Then I love what Elder Eyring says at the end of his talk: “Heavenly Father will allow you to feel that He know you, that He appreciates your service, and that you are becoming worthy of the greeting from the Lord you want so much to hear: ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.’”

Love,
Sister Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment