Monday, January 16, 2017

Loving Meridian!

Dear Family,

Well, I am in Meridian! Delayed transfers did happen on Wednesday and my happy chapter of being trained in Nampa was closed. Hopefully I will get to serve there again, but for now I get to enjoy being here in Meridian! I am really enjoying it already, I can tell that I will love these wards just as much. But, funnily enough, we actually live in Boise. Since it is the Meridian stake, it is part of our mission. We live with some awesome members, I am pretty happy with our living situation here. And I am liking that it is a bigger city, they have some really good shopping centers and restaurants aka Chick-fil-a.

The first day we got here we had a visit with L. L. has had a pretty interesting life, and he likes to tell us all about it. One of his passions is photography, and he told me that I look Egyptian and told me that he thinks either mom or I are adopted. I was like, "Pretty sure neither of us are." But that didn't stop him from telling me that I look like Nefertiti. I love that, as a missionary, I get to visit the elderly. I benefit so much from their stories and experiences. His wife fed us dinner both days we went to see him, and we had mochi ice cream one night so I was in heaven. Meridian is already worth it.   

I should have probably mentioned this first, but I love my new companion! Sister Eckery is super awesome, and I really hope they let us stay together for our last two transfers. She lived in New Zealand until she was 16, and knows a lot of the Lord of the Ring sites, so it is super fun to talk about that with her. She is really artistic, she did jazz and ballet and she is thinking about doing animation. She was in a different area last transfer until her companion went home three weeks before it was over so that she could start school. Then Sister Eckery was put in this area with a sister who went home at the end of the transfer. She is basically new to the area as well, so it is like I am shotgunning again! It will be strange when I get to an area and the companion I am with already knows it. Anyway, we are both excited to get the missionary work moving in these area. 

Though it has been a little slow starting out these first few days, Sunday was a great day. We went to one ward the first two hours, then headed over to another ward (which is in a different building) for all three hours of their church. And we had an investigator in gospel principles! After class, he told us that he wants to talk about Abraham and the 12 tribes and how that all connects to this church. We were like, "Perfect! We can do that!" since that is basically the first lesson, just with a little more background. So I am super excited for that lesson. 

As I have mentioned several times, I am pretty excited about the work here in Meridian. It is going to be hard and Sister Eckery and I are going to have to be really diligent in working hard, but I think that there are a lot of people Heavenly Father has waiting for us. I am so thankful and happy to be a missionary, I absolutely love it! 

Love,
Sister Jensen 


No comments:

Post a Comment