Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Family Search

I ran into Elder Ashby, who is from my home congregation.


Dear Family,

Mission life is great! I love it. We had a really good week here in Middleton, Idaho, and we are seeing miracles daily.
We have an investigator who the missionaries have been teaching for a little less than a year.  She is awesome and totally knows the church is true. However, her boyfriend isn’t super comfortable talking about religion. But we had a family home evening with them at a member’s home where we introduced them to FamilySearch and now he is obsessed now. Just by putting in his grandparent’s information, he could trace some lines back to the 1200s. It has been fun to see him so excited about it.

We also met and taught one of the investigators the sisters before us had been working with. Members of his family have all recently joined the church. He is not confident in his English (even though it is really good) so it is a little hard to get him to open up, but his is a super nice guy. He is still searching to know what is special or different about this church, so I am excited to help him learn and find out for himself.

The biggest miracle from this week is the C. family. They just moved here earlier this month. When they came, church members just showed up at their place and unloaded their stuff in about 40 minutes, which they were just so impressed by.  They have family members who are active members of the church and they have really felt and seen the difference in their family members, and they want that for her son.  We got to meet them on Friday, and had a great visit with L. She told us how she was hoping to become more involved with the church so that her son could have a good foundation. She loves to read, so she has already sped read the Book of Mormon, but wants to read it again so that she can study it more. She agreed to take the lessons, and we are going back tonight to teach her! I am so excited, and am so grateful that I have been blessed to teach people on my mission that are prepared and ready to receive the gospel.

I am not sure why, but I think that I am the most exhausted that I have ever been on my mission. While it has been so rewarding, it has also been really hard. The difficulty of this time in my mission has really caused me to turn to the Savior for help and strength. I ask Him at the beginning of each day to help me get through, to give me the strength I need to do His work. I am really learning the meaning of taking things one day at a time. I remember a sister missionary telling me at the beginning of the mission that Heavenly Father is going to refine me over and over and over again. And He has.

Love,
Sister Jensen  


No comments:

Post a Comment