Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Blessed by Service





Dear Family,

Just another great week in Zion, despite some difficulties. We got to teach most of our investigators and see great progress. 

First off, we had two lessons with C. this week to go over the Plan of Salvation. The second lesson we got to do in the park and it was just gorgeous outside. I thought to myself that I could definitely do this for the rest of my life, just sit in a sunny park and talk about the gospel. He is still set on being baptized in early June and has his interview this week.

We had a cool dinner this week with a man that joined the church about three years ago.  I think that he is one of the kindest people that has ever lived. He has a health condition which prevents him from being able to talk or eat solid foods.  He takes a notebook around with him everywhere to communicate with people. Anyway, he invited us over for dinner, so we went over with another sister in the ward to eat this wonderful home cooked meal for us that he couldn't even enjoy himself. I think it is just one of the most pure instances of Christ-like love that I have ever experienced. 

On Saturday we got to go to Halfway again. The branch mission leader and his wife are both teachers at the school and have a student that they are close with. A month or two ago the student just asked them if she could go to church with them. She has been to church several times and finally asked her mom is she could take the missionary lessons, so we got to teach her the restoration on Saturday. It was probably one of the best lessons of my mission. And I think that was because of the members in the lesson and the testimonies that they were able to bear, it just really brought the Spirit. We asked her to be baptized at the end and she accepted, but wanted to talk to her parents first before we set a date. We are going back next week to teach her the next lesson. 

I am really grateful for this week and to be in this area at this time. There is so much work for us here to do, and I have been blessed with an obedient and hard-working missionary with tons of greenie fire. I am sorry that I didn't take many pictures this week but we should be doing a fun hike today so look forward to next week. I love you all so much and am thankful for all of the prayers and support. 

Love,
Sister Jensen 


No comments:

Post a Comment