Sunday, April 9, 2017

Baker City




Dear Family,

After being in Baker City for a week, I already feel like I have been here forever. I am already in love with it, and hope that I can stay for the next 6 months which is a typical amount of time to be out here. We saw lots of people this week, met some awesome members, got some new investigators, and set some baptism dates. 

The major highlight from this week was teaching a family. We taught them the Plan of Salvation as the first lesson this week.  We also talked a lot about the Spirit, and they just get that too.  The father told us that there have definitely been times in his life where he has felt the Spirit. That night we set a baptism date for the Saturday of Easter weekend! We are super excited for them, and are meeting with them twice this week. They are golden! 

Other than that, a lot of good small things happened. We taught an investigator a lesson on the priesthood, watched general conference with a less-active member, helped two people move, visited this lady in a motel she runs, tried honeycomb, played games at a birthday party, and much more. I love it here because there really is so much work to do. I did have to break out my tights after putting them away a week ago, but other than that no complaints! 



I always seem to forget to do this, but I will write a little bit about my companion. Sister Moa-Sam Fong is from Southern California but spent half of her life in Maui. Her dad is Tongan and her mom is a Hawaiian, Chinese, and Portuguese. She is super funny, she has the greatest laugh. She is also a super hard worker, so I think we will be able to do some great things together, see a lot of miracles. 

General conference was amazing! All of the talks were great, I especially loved the ones given by Elder Eyring, Elder Holland, Joy Jones, L. Whitney Clayton, and Joaquin Costa. Of course President Monson's as well, I hope that anybody reading this who hasn't read the Book of Mormon will truly and seriously read it. I know that it is true and that it really does testify of Christ. I love this gospel and am so humbled that Heavenly Father would bless me with the opportunity to be one of His missionaries to these people. 

Love,

Sister Jensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment