Monday, March 27, 2017

Good-Bye Meridian!




Dear Family,

Well, with Sister Eckery going home tomorrow transfers came early for me! Two other sisters are going home this week, and one of them was in a trio so her companions will just be back to a normal companionship of two. But the other sister, who just trained, leaves her companion alone for the last week of the transfer. Which of course, you can't be alone as a missionary, so they put us together! So I am here in her area and President Sorensen told us this morning that it would be a permanent change, as in this is where I definitely will be next transfer. What is this area, you may ask? Well, brace yourself Dad because I am in BAKER CITY, OREGON!!! I am here with Sister Moa-Sam Fong, she just finished up being trained, so she has been out about 3 months. I feel so super blessed because I got everything I wanted. Well, I didn't want to be transferred from my area, I loved it and we saw so many miracles even in the last week. I was definitely holding out to stay, but with 8 sisters leaving and no sisters coming in this transfer, they have to close 5 areas, and mine was consolidated. Again. One of the assistants kind of hinted at this to me at zone conference on Tuesday and then President told Sister Eckery that this would be the case. They are splitting up the wards and giving them to the other elders in our district. I was super upset after the assistants hinted at it, but I had to time to pray and for the Spirit worked on me, so when we got the more official news from President Sorensen, I was prepared and ready to go wherever I was needed. I didn't know where I was going, just that I was being transferred and that I wouldn't be in this area for the last week of the transfer. Well, yesterday we got the news while we were traveling between wards that I was going to Baker. It doesn't make any sense for me to be here for just a week since it is about 2 hours from the mission home, so I suspected that I would be here to stay, plus the assistants told me to pack up all my stuff and clean out our place. So yesterday was a little crazy, with Sister Eckery packing to go home and me getting all of my stuff together, luckily I had already started packing. Then, President told me this morning that this would be permanent (well, as permanent as a mission gets you know). And I am super excited!!! It is seriously gorgeous out here, and I hear from Sister Moa-Sam Fong that they are doing seriously so much work, teaching tons of people and having appointments all of the time. I am looking forward to this being a beautiful chapter in my mission. And I am already here, we drove up after I said goodbye to Sister Eckery and we got some shopping done in Nampa since there isn't much here in Baker. I am a little nervous just about the huge change, it is like a completely different mission out here. But I am super excited, my companion absolutely loves it here and I think I will too.
So I had some awesome days this week. Thursday was a definite highlight, the day that I got to be companions with Sister Shurtleff and we went and visited people in our old area. After emailing, we first tried A. She is doing great, she is teaching the primary kids with another sister and is a visiting teacher. We loved seeing her and catching up. Right before we left she told us how much she missed our lessons and that she was just so happy to see us. I love her much and feel so privileged to see her come back to the gospel. 



After A., we went over to see N.. It was so good to walk through his door and see his face light up when he realized who was there! We had a good little visit with him, I miss his wit and teasing. His caregiver who was there was a new one we hadn't met before, and she isn't a member. But N. was able to tell her how he just felt so good whenever he was with the missionaries, how he just feels the Spirit so strongly whenever we are around. We had N. call J. because we didn't have her number, and she was working but arranged it so that we could meet her at a member’s house later that day. I was so happy to see her! We had just started to catch up and visit with her, when she bursted out, "Can we do a lesson?! It has been so long since I've had a lesson!" We were so caught off guard be of course we were like, "Yes!" So we taught her the restoration, and it just felt so good to be teaching her again with Sister Shurtleff, it just felt right. She listens to the Book of Mormon all the time when she works and is looking forward to conference. It was the greatest blessing to see her again, I am so thankful for it.
Saturday and Sunday Sister Eckery went and said goodbye to people in all of her areas. We went to Caldwell, Nampa, Kuna, and the other side of Meridian. I am so sad to see her go, I feel like my time with her just flew! I am so excited her for to see her family though, and I wish her the best :)
I think that is all for now, hopefully I will have lots of fun things to tell about next week as I start to readjust to this new area of the mission. 

Love you all!

Sister Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment