Monday, February 6, 2017

I saw grass today!




Dear Family,

The fact that it is 46 and we saw patches of grass has already made this day a really good day. Then of course, I get to read all of the wonderful emails that you send me. We are going to a trampoline place later today with the zone, so basically just another day in missionary paradise. 

This week we met I.! I. is someone that the missionaries have worked with in the past.  She is incredible, and already has a strong desire to be baptized. Her family moved her from Bosnia about 17 years ago. When she was 12 or 13, they were living here and they had some neighbors who are members of the church. Her dad had cancer and they accepted the offer to receive a priesthood blessing for him. I. explained to us how she felt when they were giving the blessing, she described how different she felt and how peaceful and powerful it was. I could feel the Spirit so strong when she was talking about it. Then, a couple months after getting the blessing, her dad's cancer just disappeared. It has come back within the last couple of years. She has had a really hard life, and I think she knows that the gospel will bless her life. We will pray that she will have time to meet with us this week. 

We had our lesson with L. this week! We had a dinner with her at a member’s home. We had a delicious meal and then taught her while all the kids went downstairs to play. We taught her the first half of the restoration lesson, and how the gospel can bless our families. It was just so amazing to me because the church members were able to testify of how the gospel has blessed their family.  To see them testify to L. of the blessings they have received was really special, there was a strong spirit there. It is a blessing to be able to work with L., she has a sincere desire to learn, and is just kind of soaking everything up right now. She told us that she does want her oldest daughter to take the lessons and make the decision on her own whether to be baptized or not. So we were happy to hear about that :)

It was a good week, and I continue to love being a missionary. I love gaining a greater appreciation every day of how real and beautiful the gospel is, and how important it is that we share it. I know that we all have people placed in our lives that we can share this good news with. And while it may be a little scary, you are really just placing it in God's hands when you invite someone to enjoy the blessings of the gospel. We have the responsibility to invite, and after we do that we don't have to worry about it, because God will take care of it. That is a reminder that I need ALL of the time. I love this work, I know this church true and that our Savior, Jesus Christ, lives. 

Love, 
Sister Jensen 

Sister Eckery and I being funny.

Exchanges with Sister Olson!



No comments:

Post a Comment