Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Nail polish, Cafe Rio and the Meridian Temple



Meridian Temple!


Dear Family,

The weather has been so nice, 50 degrees never felt so good. The warmer weather and melting snow are definitely the highlight of my week, a real tender mercy from the Lord. Just pray that this is the beginning of spring and that we don't get hit with more winter. 

Jump time was super fun last Monday, but goodness was I sore. Everything just hurt, so you can imagine that there was a lot more complaining than there should have been. But Heavenly Father is just so good, because even when I do things grudgingly, He still blesses us, especially when I know that I don't deserve it. It is truly humbling. Another humbling experience that we have weekly is doing service at a retirement home. I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but every Tuesday morning we get to go to a retirement home and paint the ladies nails. I absolutely love it. I love their sweet spirits and apparent love of their families. They tell me about their children, and more than once some of these women have told me about taking in children that were not their own and raising them. They become their own, and I am happy to offer that little service to women who are beloved to many. 

As I look through my planner to remember who we saw this week, I can see many small blessings from God. We got an appointment scheduled with the B’s, something we have been trying to do for weeks. We got to go to lunch with a couple of girls in the YSA. Someone bought us Cafe Rio (it is out of our mission so this is actually the over arching tender mercy for the week). I got to testify about the power of the atonement and of the sweet spirit we feel when worthily partaking of the sacrament. We met  three or four potential investigators, people who have told us to come back. Our ward mission leaders have been so awesome in supporting us as we have planned together how to work better with the ward members. 

Another highlight happened on Saturday night. We had a change of plans and ended up trying to contact a couple we had only heard about.  When we arrived, A. opened the door and welcomed us right in. We talked with them for a long time, heard a lot about their lives. They are truly humble people who love the Lord. A. told me that she was surprised by how much she opened up to us, and asked if I enjoyed being a missionary and talking to people like this. My answer was yes, absolutely. I love being able to just knock on a stranger's doors and leave their home feeling a little bit of God's love for them. There is just nothing like it. 

As always, thank you to everyone who has written me, you are the best and I love you all! I pray that my missionary service will bless your lives, especially with missionary opportunities! 

Love, 
Sister Jensen 


No comments:

Post a Comment