Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Valentine's Day


We heart attacked 14 people on the 14th.

Dear Family,

I am staying in Meridian with Sister Eckery for her last transfer!  It was what we were expecting, so it was nice not to be surprised. I am pretty content about it, I just love this area. The members are so loving and supportive and willing to do missionary work. We have decided to focus more of our efforts on working with the members, mainly by developing family mission plans with them. We are very excited about it, we know that if we work effectively with the members, we will find those who are really prepared to receive this message. I know there are people here that Heavenly Father needs us to touch, and I am determined to find them. 

We finally got to meet with and teach I. again! I was thinking about her one day and was worried because she hadn't responded to our texts. I just prayed that she would reach out to us, and the next day she called us and wanted to meet with us! We talked with her at the church for a while, she has a lot of hard things going on right now, but whenever we testified about God's love for her and the hope that the gospel brings, the Spirit was so strong. She told us that she wished that she would have joined the church when she was younger so that she could have served a mission like us. While I know that would have been a great blessing for her, I also know that God has His timing, and that we are supposed to be teaching her now. 

Last night we also had a really good lesson with J. We taught him the Plan of Salvation. J. has probably been one of my favorite people to teach, just because he ask such good, honest questions, questions that I have had and questions that I still have. We talked so much about the purpose for us coming to this earth, why we would leave God's presence in the first place. And I think it is summed up so perfectly in 2 Nephi 2:25:
“Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.”
All of this is about us having joy. Heavenly Father loves us so much, and us being happy makes Him happy. That is why this is a plan of happiness. It is definitely not easy and perfect all of the time, but if it was it wouldn't be worth it. I am so thankful for God's plan for me and this chance that I have to teach others about it. We testified of that quite a bit in J.'s lesson.

Also, side note, we were planning on the morning of Valentine's day and I was feeling a little hopeless because surely no one would want us to visit them on Valentine’s Day. But then this great idea came to us that we could just heart attack all of the people we are working with. So we did that, and it was really fun, many people that we have talked to since were really appreciative. 

Thank you to everyone for you emails/letters/packages! I love being a missionary and I love having so many wonderful people to support me. 

Love,

Sister Jensen  

No comments:

Post a Comment