Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Meridian Temple Open House Week 4



Dear Family,

The temple open house is over and I am so sad! I have been looking forward to it for more than a year and it is funny how quickly it has come and gone. But I hope that during this remaining time of my mission, I can continue to see many miracles as a result of this beautiful temple. 

Last Monday we taught one of our investigators (S.) again. The week previous we had asked her if she would like to be baptized on December 9th, but she wasn't quite ready to say yes to a date yet. Well, we got to the member's house where we usually have the lessons and waited for S. to get there. That is when the member tells us that S. is telling everyone that she is indeed being baptized on December 9th. We were pretty surprised!  While she still has some concerns, I think she is excited to take this step. We also went over to her home on Saturday and read the Book of Mormon with her and her in-laws. Her in-laws are just the sweetest couple. We read the first and second chapters in the Book of Mormon with S. and she really enjoyed it. She felt the Spirit, and it just reminded me of the power of the Book of Mormon in this work. Please pray for S. and that her baptism date of December 9th will go well. :)
On Tuesday we had zone conference and they showed the new Light the World video to us. It is so crazy to me that it is almost Christmastime again. And that Thanksgiving is next week. Where has the time gone??? I am excited for the Christmas initiative and hope that we can use it to serve many people, especially by sharing the gospel with them. After zone conference we had our second l
esson with another investigator (K.) and we taught her the Plan of Salvation. Again, the friends that she invited did an awesome job of sharing their testimonies of Heavenly Father's plan for us. We invited her to be baptized, and her response was positive.

Another one of our investigators, A., is planning on moving soon to another town. We went over on Wednesday and helped her paint some of her walls, She was pretty grateful! I think painting is one of my favorite service opportunities, it is just so satisfying to paint a room. After painting, we headed over to the temple for the evening and we were there for the next two days. 

On Thursday I had some of my favorite miracles. I was in the tent really hoping and praying that I could talk to someone who was really touched by the open house. Well, I approached these two ladies, one of them was a member and the other wasn't. I asked the nonmember lady how the temple was and if she had any questions. She said that temple was so wonderful, and her head was still spinning that she couldn't think of any questions at the moment. After we talked for a few minutes about some of her previous religious experiences, I was so grateful for the opportunity that I had to testify of the Restoration. I told her that after the Apostles died, people did change what Jesus had taught and that the true gospel was lost from the earth, but that God reached out when the time was right to call a prophet to restore the church. Her eyes were wide as she nodded in agreement. I asked if she would like a Book of Mormon and she said, "Of course!" I ran to grab one, then came back and told her about this precious book. She was so excited, she said she was going to read it that night. When she asked me my name she said that she would never forget me. I was pretty much on cloud 9 after that, when I felt a tap on my shoulder and turn around to hug a sister in one of our wards. She was with her husband.  They raved to me about how wonderful the temple was, and their desire to get sealed as a family. It was cool to see how plainly their hearts had changed by entering the temple. I am so grateful for these miracles that Heavenly Father blessed me with. 


On Friday I got to see Sister Shurtleff, my trainer! She came through in the morning and luckily I was in the tent and we got to visit for a little bit. I miss her tons and am excited to spend time with her when we are both living in Utah. The only other highlight that I can think of from that day was when someone asked us to come answer questions for a friend they brought through. She is visiting from Australia, so she had this super fun accent. All of her questions were about missions, and what it is like to serve a mission. She was very inquisitive, she just had one question after another. I was glad to meet her.
Then Saturday was the last day. And the major miracle of the day was seeing the Wood family, my recent converts from Baker City! They were volunteering at the temple in the morning and afternoon and actually left right when we got there. But there was another member from Baker that had their phone number, so we called them and they turned around so they could see Sister Moa-Sam Fong and I (she was also there at the temple that day). We had to run all around the parking lot before we finally had our happy little reunion with them. They loved the temple and are looking forward to getting sealed. Missionary work brings so much joy :)

The very end of the evening was not as busy, so the sisters got to take a more extensive tour. They took us to the Bride's room and we got to see the place where the children wait when their family gets sealed. We also got the chance to sit in the some of the sealing rooms for a while. It was just special and wonderful and one of those times where you wish everything would stop and stay that way forever. But we eventually left and had to end our time at the temple open house. Now we get to look forward to President Uchtdorf and Elder Christofferson coming to do the dedication, then we get to go inside and hopefully do a session soon. And like I said earlier, I hope to see many fruits from the labor at this beautiful temple. I am grateful for this specific time that I get to serve a mission. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. 

Love,
Sister Jensen 



No comments:

Post a Comment