Sunday, November 5, 2017

Meridian Temple Open House Week 2

Dear Family,

I am staying in Middleton for another transfer! I was quite surprised, along with everyone else in my district. We thought for sure that I was going. But I do get to stay for a whole 6 months! I am so glad to stay, though it could mean that they will shotgun (bring in two new missionaries at once) our area again since Sister Blocker is for certain leaving after this transfer for Temple Square, and I doubt that they will keep me or another transfer. And so continues the trend of being shotgunned out of every area. That's alright though, I am so happy to be here and continue teaching these sons and daughters of God. 

Of course, we continue to be richly blessed at the temple open house. I have been thinking lately about what a great opportunity this is. People not of our faith great this opportunity to see a house of the Lord, to feel the beautiful feeling that is present there. They get to learn about Heavenly Father's perfect plan for us and our families to return home to Him. And after having this experience, we get to talk to them and answer their questions. I am so grateful that I was called to this mission at this time. 

I got to see a couple of sisters that have gone home in the past year, including my old companion Sister Eckery and one of my Sister Training Leaders. It was so fun to see them at the temple, but a little strange to see them not as missionaries. The biggest tender mercy was seeing the first person I helped teach that was baptized on my mission. I was just sitting in a video room, waiting for the next group to come in when I heard someone say my name. I looked up and saw her and her fiancee. I was so happy! They are getting married in December in the Meridian temple. Other than that, the other experiences I have had the past couple of days have been small but precious. I love hearing people talk about the peace they feel in the temple. One lady just commented to me that she knew that it was all about the Savior as she looked at the beautiful artwork and had this feeling in her heart. It was her first time having any sort of experience with the church. I am so excited to still have two weeks left to witness these miracles.

As far as work in our area, we had another lesson with our newlywed investigator and she is still working on reading the Book of Mormon and praying. We have a lesson with her tonight. Our lesson with the foreign exchange student is tomorrow afternoon, and we are very excited to teach her.

I am sorry this one is short, since I just emailed on Wednesday there isn't a lot to talk about. I am happy to be working at the temple and excited for another transfer in Middleton!

Love,
Sister Jensen  

They took a ton of pictures at our last zone conference, enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment