Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Let it Snow!




Dear Family,

It snowed another three inches this morning before we got out the door and it will continue snowing until around 5 tonight. And it will be cold so the snow won't be going anywhere for a while. So that is all really fun. Regardless, it was a really great week, we got to know our wards a little better and start working with some of the amazing leaders here. I am super excited about the time that I have to serve here. I know that the Lord has much for us to do, and there are many opportunities that He will bless us with if we just give our all. 

We have had a lot of little tender mercies this week. On Monday, we went to see a family and they let us in and talked with us for about an hour. Two of the family members have taken the lessons in the past. We hope to continue teaching them. On Tuesday we met a couple that the missionaries have been in contact with for a while, and the missionary that started teaching them actually lives with them now. Their names are J. and S. and they are incredible people. They love having the missionaries over. We had dinner with them on Friday and J. told us that he loved it when the missionaries came over and read the Book of Mormon with them. On Wednesday we met J. L., an Egyptian man who speaks about five languages. I think a friend referred him to the missionaries a while ago. We also met with L. again on Wednesday, and he told me that he would put my face type in the same category as Audrey Hepburn, so I have had to be careful to not let that get to my head. So those are the collection of little tender mercies that made our week so great.  



Our Sunday was crazy!  We went to all three of our wards. We went to the YSA sacrament, which was a little strange to be there as a missionary, but I am excited about it. Then we went to one ward’s sacrament and part of their gospel principles before we went to another ward’s ward counsel, where the area authority, Elder Erekson, was presiding. It was an awesome ward council, definitely a huge learning experience for me. Elder Erekson talked about whenever he goes to the training meetings, that there is always a huge emphasis placed on two things: the youth and ward councils. The church organization is so inspired, and is the Lord's way of giving His children access to the redeeming power of Christ's atonement. I am so thankful for all that I am learning as a missionary that will allow me to serve more effectively in the church. We have been blessed with several awesome leaders to work with here who are super excited about missionary work. Sister Eckery and I are looking forward to these next couple of months and the miracles that we will see in them. I love and miss you all and am so thankful for the support that you give me!

Love,
Sister Jensen 


No comments:

Post a Comment