Monday, January 2, 2017

Caroling, Caroling! Week of December 19th

My Zone


Dear Family,

It has been a rather slow week, so I probably won't have much to report. We did have some really good days however, and I just love being a missionary during Christmas time. Getting to testify of Christ every day during this beautiful season is such a privilege. I just have to keep on reminding myself every time I think of missing Christmas with the family.

We got to teach a new investigator this week. He has a good Christian background, so teaching him wasn't too difficult. We took a member with us and she was able to tell him about her conversion story, which was a pleasant surprise because we had no idea. I love it when things like that work out. It was funny because his biggest problem with the church is that the worship services aren't as "charismatic" as he wished they were. It was a concern we had never heard before, so we weren't really sure how to address it. After the lesson was done, he kept on asking us how many lessons there are before he can be baptized, saying he was just curious. We have the next lesson set up for next week, we are excited!

We had another snow day on Friday. This time they sent out a mission wide text telling us we weren't allowed to drive. It was a long day, there is not much to do inside when you are a missionary. But we got some rest and were able to go out around 7 and see our recent convert, J. Then Saturday was a pretty perfect missionary day. We had our district meeting, and it is always fun to be with the other missionaries. Then we visited with Brother W. for a little bit, helping him around the house and teaching him more about the temple. After that we tracted for an hour or so and then had an awesome dinner with a family in one of the wards. We also had our Christmas party in the other ward.  We left the party a little early because we went caroling with the district! It was so fun, I am definitely going to make my district do it next year. I loved it because people don't close their door on you right away if you are singing in a big group. It is fun to see people's faces, whether they are surprised, happy, or even uncomfortable. After caroling for about an hour we went to a member's house and had hot chocolate and soup, which was much needed as it was freezing. We are doing it again on Christmas Eve, I am so looking forward to it! 

Well, I think that is all for now.  I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, remembering the glorious reason that we celebrate. I am so grateful that we have a Savior, Jesus Christ, and that through His atonement, we can return and live again with our Heavenly Father. 
I love and miss you all so much!

Love,

Sister Jensen     

No comments:

Post a Comment